We digitize your VHS-C tapes and turn them into a DVD, a digital video file (MP4), or both!
WHICH FORMAT TO CHOOSE?
When we digitize (convert) videotapes, we can create two different types of final products – DVDs or MP4 video files. MP4 files are just digital video files (MP4 is the current standard for digital video files). They come back to you via a download link or on a USB flash drive. All of your tapes will fit onto one USB drive – each tape creates an individual video file. You can watch them on any computer, tablet or most TVs. To play back on a TV, you would plug the USB drive into the port on the back or side of the TV.
- Can be played on any computer with a DVD drive, any DVD player or gaming system.
- Instructions not needed – don’t need to be computer “savvy”
- Files can’t be deleted
- Inexpensive to make additional copies
- Most new laptops don’t have a built-in DVD drive
- Many people don’t have a DVD player connected to their TV
- Video cannot be edited directly from the DVD
- Playback on all devices
- All video files can fit on one small USB drive
- Can be edited by any currently available video software
- Can easily be turned into a DVD or other physical formats yet to come
- Extra USB drives available for just the cost of another drive (size dependant)
MP4 Video file drawbacks:
- Easier to use if you are familiar with computers
- Files can be deleted off the USB drive