We will digitize (convert) your reels of 16mm film into a digital format. Each frame of film is captured at the highest resolution to preserve your family memories.
WHICH FORMAT TO CHOOSE?
When we digitize (convert) film, we can create two different types of final products – DVDs or MP4 video files. MP4 files are just digital video files (MP4 is the current standard for digital video files). They come back to you via a download link or on a USB flash drive. All of your films will fit onto one USB drive – each reel of film creates an individual video file. You can watch them on any computer, tablet or most TVs. To play back on a TV, you would plug the USB drive into the port on the back or side of the TV.
- Can be played on any computer with a DVD drive, any DVD player or gaming system.
- Instructions not needed – don’t need to be computer “savvy”
- Files can’t be deleted
- Inexpensive to make additional copies
- Most new laptops don’t have a built-in DVD drive
- Many people don’t have a DVD player connected to their TV
- Video cannot be edited directly from the DVD
- Playback on all devices
- All video files can fit on one small USB drive
- Can be edited by any currently available video software
- Can easily be turned into a DVD or other physical formats yet to come
- Extra USB drives available for just the cost of another drive (size dependant)
MP4 Video file drawbacks:
- Easier to use if you are familiar with computers
- Files can be deleted off the USB drive
There are no reviews yet.